Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 January 2013

The Kenyan Kitchen

Featured below are just a few of the dishes that I have eaten while I have been in Kenya.  Most of the meals consist of a different daily combination of ugali (ground corn mixed with flour and water till hardens), rice, beans, potatoes, corn, chapati (like a flour tortilla), chicken, beef, cabbage, and kale.  It varies from day to day what I enjoy or what I look forward to the next day.  I will admit that every now and then I long for some good old American food but I know that will all come in due time.  Take a look at the pics and if you have any questions then feel free to email me back and ask about the individual pics.

Rice, potatoes and cabbage
Smokies (sausage) and a good mug of chai

ugali, cabbage and kale
githeri (beans, cabbage, corn soup)

No comments:

Post a Comment